This course is made from the perspective of a mechanical engineer entering into the field of Design engineering as a graduate.
Design engineering is the core function of any product development effort in manufacturing .
This course aims to build a holistic understanding of the profession of design engineering by covering
- Role of design engineer in developing products with 3 examples
- The Engineering Design process
- Insightful understanding of skills and knowledge required from design engineer
- Understand concept development, prototyping and research and why they are important
- Teams in Mechanical product development
- The Design Life-cycle of a part
- Understanding Engineering analysis and how it fits into design engineering
- Levels of engineering analysis and why computation is required
- The various Design considerations to be made during design
- Engineering drawing importance,
- Cost of Bad design
- Why use GD&T in engineering drawings?
This course is suitable for you if :
- You are aspiring to be a design engineer and want to understand more in detail as to what design engineers do
- You are enthusiastic about engineering and design and want to design your own products .